Our Mission and Vision
Educate generations of engineers and industry leaders by providing transformative learning experience and the knowledge necessary to solve significant problems in high-tech industry and society. Develop technical innovations in ECE and multi-disciplinary areas through high-impact scholarship and research.
The Industrial Affiliates Program’s goal is to provide a platform for research and industry collaboration. ECE hopes to advance educational training and opportunities while providing new industry talent, updates on cutting edge research and scientific exchange with our faculty. With an established connection between industry and department, students and faculty gain the opportunity to learn about industry, while affiliates are exposed to next-generation talent, new ideas and research directions. We are excited about expanding in this new and positive direction and look forward to collaborating with our IA members to foster great research, form strategic alliances and educate our students to meet current and future technology challenges.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at UC Davis will be hosting our very first UC Davis ECExpo Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, 2 - 7 p.m.
Membership and Benefits
For amounts over $5,000, you will be automatically enrolled as an Industrial Affiliates Program member, gaining access to resumes, research, faculty expertise and more.
Our goal is to give all ECE IA members access to many valuable benefits and resources, including:
- CV/resume bank of our graduate and undergraduate students
- Design project course materials and information
- Educational seminars and symposiums
- Short training courses
- Faculty research updates
- And more!
We are excited about expanding in this new and positive direction and look forward to collaborating with our IA members to foster great research, form strategic alliances and educate our students to meet current and future technology challenges.
Ways Industrial Affiliates Can Make a Difference
- Engage with Students
- One pillar of the Industrial Affiliates Program is the interaction between students and industry. Introducing students to industry gives them a chance to personally meet our rising stars.
- Donated funds will support research and educational programs focused on the analysis, design, and development of electronic components and systems, including information processing systems.
- Speak Out
- Your real-world industry experiences and insight can be extremely valuable to ECE faculty and students. Would you like to speak at an upcoming seminar or symposium?
- Provide Feedback
- Feedback is crucial to our success. Whether you have constructive criticism, positive comments or suggestions, we want to hear it all!
Meet Our Advisory Committee
- Eric Stimmann, Varian
- Justin Wenk, Intel
- Andrew Fong, Lam Res. Chair of the Committee
- Fatih Porilki, Futurewei
- Sazzad Khan, Nitto Denko, USA
- Venkat Mattela, Red Pine Signals
- Hope Bovenzi, Texas Ins.
- Collin Smith, Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Loges VJ, TDK - InvenSense, Vice Chair of the Committee
- Arthur Carpenter, LLNL
Thanks to everyone who turned out for our most recent IA event -- be sure to check out photos of the excitement and engagement!