Key Application Reminders
Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at UC Davis ECE. For general admission requirements, please visit the Prospective Students page and register for one of the Information Sessions below for a review of the graduate program and Q&A:
- General Deadline: January 15:
To be considered for financial support, all application materials (including online application, recommendation letters, transcripts, GRE/TOEFL scores) must be submitted before this deadline. All U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Please note that the GRE requirement is waived for the 2021-2022 admission cycle.
- Space Available: June 1:
Permitting available space, applications without financial support are accepted until this deadline.
Applicants Must Complete:
- General Deadline: January 15: To be considered for financial support, all application materials (including online application, recommendation letters, transcripts, GRE/TOEFL scores) must be submitted before this deadline. All U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Space Available: June 1: Permitting available space, applications without financial support are accepted until this deadline.
- Application Fee
The application fee is $120 for the domestic application and $140 for the international application. The fee may be paid by credit card or e-check. The fee must be paid before the application will be considered as complete, and the fee must be paid for each application submitted.
Please note that PhD applicants selected for participation in the COE Equity program are eligible for an application fee waiver for Fall 2021 admission. Please visit here for more information and accessing the Waiver Request Form. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented communities.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically by the referrer through the online application. Recommendations will not be accepted by mail or e-mail.
- UC Davis requires academic records from each college-level institution you have attended. You will be instructed to upload scanned copies of your transcripts after you have submitted your online application. For more details visit https://gradstudies.ucdavis.edu/submit-transcripts.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- GRE general exam (verbal, quantitative and analytical) is required. Submit scores to School Code 4834; Department Code 1203. Please note that the GRE requirement is waived for the 2021-2022 admission cycle.
- TOEFL Scores
- TOEFL is required if English is not your first language or the primary language of instruction for your degree. Submit scores to School Code 4834; Department Code 66.
- Optional Materials
- All other material must be submitted electronically, including optional material – CVs and conference paper(s). Please do not provide bank statements. All material sent by mail will be discarded.
- Prospective Student Fellowship Application (Optional)
If you wish to be considered for campus-wide fellowships (“internal fellowships”), please fill out the fellowship application in Embark. Next to each fellowship, you can find the eligibility criteria and any requested information. You are not required to submit additional letters of recommendation, but may need to explain your eligibility for certain fellowships if you wish to be considered for them. This application must be completed and submitted by the January 5 priority deadline. There is no application to be considered for Graduate Student Researcher (GSR) positions, Teaching Assistant (TA) positions or department fellowships. You will be considered automatically. Priority, however, will be given to applicants whose applications are completed by the January 15 deadline.
Additional and supplemental information will not be accepted. Please include all pertinent information in the online Graduate Application.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive access to an individual tracking portal where you will be able to track the status of your application materials.
- A completed application (i.e., after all the required documents are received) will have the status: “complete.” Please make certain your application is complete by following the instructions above to submit your letters of recommendations, transcripts and test scores.
- Your application will not be reviewed until it is complete.
- Once a decision has been made, you will receive an email notification.
Concerning the Contacting of Faculty
Our faculty receive a large number of inquiries about graduate programs, and may not be able to respond to your questions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries to receive a prompt answer. Learn more about our faculty and our research efforts.