Annual Mandatory Advising
To assist students in completing their program in a timely manner, and to ensure that students are well prepared for courses, annual advising is mandatory in the College of Engineering. Advising holds are placed on a student’s account once a year.
- Releasing Holds
First-Year Students (High-School Admits/Transfer Admits)
Advising hold is placed for the fall 2019 quarter, requiring that students with an advisor by Nov. 30, 2019. Not clearing the hold by that date will affect winter quarter registration.
Continuing Students (2nd and 3rd Year Students)
Students in their second year will have a hold placed during the winter 2020 quarter, requiring that students meet with an advisor by February 28, 2020.
Students in their third year will have a hold placed during the spring 2020 quarter, requiring that they meet with an advisor by May 31, 2020.
Not clearing the hold by that date will affect the next quarter’s registration.
Seniors (4th Year and Beyond)
For students in their fourth year or beyond, an advising hold will be placed at the start of the fall 2019 quarter, requiring that the student meet with an advisor by February 28, 2020. Not clearing the hold by that date will affect your next quarter’s registration.
- Advising Appointments
- You must make an appointment with the program advisor to have your hold released. You can do so here by selecting Electrical & Computer Engineering.
Please complete an academic plan draft by visiting students.ucdavis.edu > Forms & Petitions tab > Submit a New Form> Academic Plan ⇒ fill in the next 3 academic quarters ⇒ SAVE AS A DRAFT (do not SUBMIT). You must complete your 3-quarter plan PRIOR to your appointment.
- Do You Plan to Change Your Major?
- If you plan to change to another major within the College of Enginering, please meet with an advisor from your intended major to clear your hold. If you plan to change to a major outside of the College of Engineering and are currently declared in the electrical or computer engineering major, please meet with the ECE advisor to clear your hold. Only students changing out of the major can have their hold released during drop-in hours.
- Academic Probation Information
- Any student on academic probation should see an advisor in the Engineering Undergraduate Office. Visit both the College of Engineering Undergraduate Advising website and the Registrar's web catalog for more information.