Student Clubs and Organizations
General ECE and Engineering Clubs
- IEEE -- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers at UC Davis
- IEEE at UC Davis is the official electrical and computer engineering club of UC Davis; however, we are open to all majors and are open to all years. As a part of IEEE, we participate in student competitions that IEEE hosts. As a student chapter, we host several events that bridge the gap between current students and industry members such as engineers in the field. Other events we participate in foster fellowship between other student engineers
- Tau Beta Pi -- Engineering Honor Society
Tau Beta Pi is a national honor society which was founded to recognize the accomplishments of engineering students throughout the U.S. This organization strives to improve education, offer networking opportunities, give academic recognition, and provide a social outlet for engineering students. Students are notified when they are eligible and are invited to become a member of the organization as they qualify.
- Theta Tau -- Co-Ed Professional Engineering Fraternity
Theta Tau is the oldest engineering fraternity in the country and is only present at ABET accredited institutions. This co-ed fraternity carefully selects members who are looking for friendship and professional development while also exemplifying motivation, ambition, and energy.
Multicultural Engineering Organizations
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- The American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES) at UC Davis is a student-run organization dedicated to academic excellence among Native American students in the fields of science and engineering both within and outside our university. Although most of our members are in the fields of science and engineering, other majors are welcome as well.
- Black Engineers Association (BEA)
The mission of Black Engineers Association is to be all inclusive and expand on the ideas of the Black community to increase the number of culturally responsible Black students who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community. Join us and help craft the next generation of Black STEM.
- Chicano and Latino Engineers and Scientists Society (CALESS)
- CALESS fosters an environment where students in STEM thrive academically, professionally, and socially with the goal to better serve the Chicanx and Latinx community.
- The Pilipino American Society of Architects and Engineers (PASE)
- PASE is an independent student organization with the goal of facilitating professional development, academic retention, cultural competency, and social consciousness for its members and community.
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
The Society of Women Engineers at UC Davis is an active section in the Sacramento-SVS area in California. Founded by Linda Finley, who is SWE@UCD’s current advisor today, the UC Davis section remains strong today with more than a hundred members. Some of our efforts include Night With Industry – a dinner for students with industry professionals, a “Big-Lil Sis” mentorship program, and Project Aspire, which is a day-long event with hands-on engineering activities for elementary and middle-school age girls in the area.